Undergraduate Research Opportunities
As a university, Penn State has a vigorous and extensive research enterprise. Faculty are awarded grants by government and private agencies to conduct research in the many academic disciplines within the university structure. Qualified undergraduates are invited to participate in the on-going research programs of Statistics faculty. Most of these students are juniors and seniors. Participation in undergraduate research requires that an application be submitted and reviewed by the faculty member selected by the student.
- Summer/Fall 2023: TBD
- Spring 2023: Wednesday, November 2, 2022
All applicants will be notified during finals week.
Procedure for applying:
- Step 1
- Review guidelines for arranging a research position.
- Step 2
- Review the faculty research interests and student selection criteria list.
- Step 3
- Select a faculty member or a project you would be most interested in working with/on, please indicate your preference on the application.
- Step 4
- Submit your application by the posted deadline.