Putting science into practice
Researchers that participate in tech transfer have the opportunity to:
- Attract sponsors and generate funding opportunities
- Impact a broad audience with research results
- Meet the obligations of a research contract
- Generate educational and training experiences for students & postdocs
Researchers are encouraged to submit an Invention Disclosure to notify the Penn State Office of Technology Management of all discoveries and developments that may solve a significant problem or have potential commercial value. Inventions can be disclosed when a concept is reduced to practice. Examples of inventions may include:
- Devices, such as a new tool or scientific instrument.
- Processes, such as a new computational technique, manufacturing method, assay or purification process.
- Compositions, such as a new chemical/drug compound or functional protein.
- Copyrightable works, such as educational tools and technologies or software.
- Software, which can be copyrighted and sometimes patented.
- Biological materials, such as a new cell line, animal model, or plant variety.
- And more!