Ph.D. University of Science and Technology, China
B.S. Nanjing Normal University
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the American Physical Society, 2015
- Nicholas J. Altiero Professor in Physics, Tulane University, 2011-2018
- Changjiang Lectureship Chair Professor at Nanjing University, 2009-2012.
- NSF CAREER award, 2007
- Cottrell Scholar Award, Research Corporation, 2005.
- "A magnetic topological semimetal Sr1-yMn1-zSb2 (y, z< 0.1)," JY Liu, J Hu, Q Zhang, D Graf, HB Cao, SMA Radmanesh, DJ Adams, YL Zhu, GF Chen, X Liu, J Wei, I. Chiorescu, L Spinu and ZQ Mao, Nature Materials 16 (9), 905-910 (2017).
- "Unusual interlayer quantum transport behavior caused by the zeroth Landau level in YbMnBi2" JY Liu, J Hu, D Graf, T Zou, M Zhu, Y Shi, S Che, SMA Radmanesh, CN Lau, L Spinu, HB Cao, XL Ke and ZQ Mao, Nature Communications 8, 646 (2017).
- "Evidence of Topological Nodal-Line Fermions in ZrSiSe and ZrSiTe," J Hu, Z Tang, J Liu, X Liu, YL Zhu, D Graf, K Myhro, S Tran, CN Lau, J Wei and ZQ Mao, Physical Review Letters 117 (1), 016602 (2016).
- "Enhancing electron coherence via quantum phonon confinement in atomically thin Nb3SiTe6", J Hu, X Liu, JY Liu, HW Zhu, JB He, J Wei, ZQ Mao, LYU Antipina, ZI Popov, PB Sorokin, TJ Liu, PW Adams, SMA Radmanesh, L Spinu, H Ji and D Natelson, Nature Physics 11, 471 (2015).
- "Epitaxial strain effect on the Jeff =1/2 moment orientation in Sr2IrO4 thin films", Ludi Miao, Hong Xu and ZQ Mao, Phys. Rev. B 89, 035109 (2014).
- "Coupling of electronic and magnetic properties in Fe1+y(Te1-xSex)", J Hu, TJ Liu, B Qian and ZQ Mao, Phys. Rev. B 88, 094505 (2013).
- "From (π, 0) magnetic order to superconductivity with (π, π) magnetic resonance in Fe1. 02Te1− xSex," TJ Liu, J Hu, B Qian, D Fobes, ZQ Mao, W Bao, M Reehuis, SAJ Kimber, K Prokes, S Matas, DN Argyriu, A Hiess, A Rotaru, H. Pham, L Spinu, Y Qiu, V. Thampy, AT Savici., JA Rodrigue and C Broholm, Nature Materials 9 (9), 718-720 (2010).
- "Spin gap and resonance at the nesting wavevector in superconducting FeSe0.4Te0.6", YM Qiu, W Bao, Y Zhao, C Broholm, V Stanev, Z Tesanovic, YC Gasparovic, S Chang, J Hu, B Qian, MH Fang and ZQ Mao, Phys. Rev. Lett 103, 067008 (2009).
- "Tunable (pi,pi)-type antiferromagnetic order in alpha-Fe(Te,Se) superconductor", W Bao, Y Qiu, Q. Huang, MA Green, P Zajdel, MR Fitzsimmons, M Zhernenkov, MH Fang, B Qian, EK Vehstedt, JH Yang, HM Pham, L Spinu, and ZQ Mao, Physical Review Letters 102, 247001 (2009)
- "Phase separation in the itinerant metamagnetic transition of Sr4Ru3O10", ZQ Mao, M Zhou, J Hooper, V Golub, and CJ OConnor, Physical Review Letters 96, 077205 (2006).
- "Odd-parity superconductivity in Sr2RuO4," KD Nelson, ZQ Mao, Y Maeno, Y Liu Science 306 (5699), 1151-1154 (2004).
- "Spin-triplet superconductivity in Sr2RuO4 identified by 17O Knight shift," K Ishida, H Mukuda, Y Kitaoka, K Asayama, ZQ Mao, Y Mori, Y Maeno, Nature 396 (6712), 658-660 (1998).
- "Time-reversal symmetry-breaking superconductivity in Sr2RuO4," GM Luke, Y Fudamoto, KM Kojima, MI Larkin, J Merrin, B Nachummi, YJ Uemura, Y Maeno, ZQ Mao, Y. Mori, H. Nakamura, M Sigrist, Nature 394 (6693), 558-561 (1998).
Synthesis and study of quantum materials, including unconventional superconductors, strongly correlated electron systems, low-dimensional materials, Weyl and Dirac semimetals.