The Pennsylvania State University
Department of Physics
104 Davey Lab, PMB 169
Lab: Davey 012 and 019
Phone: (814) 865-3628 (Office) / (814) 865-7114 (Lab)
Ph.D. (Physics), Brown University, 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Pennsylvania State University (2017-).
- Assistant Project Scientist, University of California, Santa Barbara (2015-2016).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of California, Santa Barbara (2014 - 2015).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Laboratorio de Instrumentacao e Fısica Experimental de Partıculas, Coimbra, Portugal (2009 - 2013).
Honors and Awards
- 2018 DOE Early Career Research Program Award.
- 2010-2013 Research Fellowship, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal.
See full always-up-to-date publications list at InspireHEP
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LZ Collaboration), “Projected WIMP sensitivity of the LUX-ZEPLIN dark matter experiment", Phys. Rev. D 101 (5), 052002, 2020.
- B.J. Mount et al. (LZ Collaboration), “LUX-ZEPLIN (LZ) technical design report", arXiv:1703.09144, 2017.
- D.M. Asner et al. (Project 8 Collaboration), “Determining the neutrino mass with cyclotron radiation emission spectroscopy - Project 8", J. Phys. G 44, 054004, 2017.
- M. Arenz et al. (KATRIN Collaboration), "Commissioning of the vacuum system of the KATRIN Main Spectrometer", J. Inst. 11 (04), P04011, 2016.
- D.M. Asner et al. (Project 8 Collaboration), “Single electron detection and spec-troscopy via relativistic cyclotron radiation”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 162501, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “Radiogenic and muon-induced back-grounds in the LUX dark matter detector”, Astropart. Phys. 62, 33-46, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “First results from the LUX dark matter experiment at the Sanford Underground Research Facility”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 091303, 2014.
- D.Y. Akimov et al. (ZEPLIN-III Collaboration), "WIMP-nucleon cross-section results from the second science run of ZEPLIN-III",
Phys. Lett. B 709 (1-2), 14-20, 2012.
- J. Angle et al. (XENON10 Collaboration), "First results from the XENON10 dark matter experiment at the Gran Sasso National Laboratory", PRL 100 (2), 021303, 2008.
- E Aprile et al., "Simultaneous measurement of ionization and scintillation from nuclear recoils in liquid xenon for a dark matter experiment", PRL 97 (8), 081302, 2006.
- Dark Matter and Neutrino Mass Group
- Measurement of the neutrino mass, using novel radio-frequency techniques (Project 8 experiment).
- Direct detection of dark matter, using liquid noble gas detectors (LUX and LZ experiments).