I began my career in science as an undergraduate studying physics and mathematics at the University of Michigan. Upon graduation, I took up a Marshall Scholarship to pursue a degree in Mathematics at Cambridge University before starting doctoral work at Princeton University, where I earned my PhD in 2011 under the supervision of Nima Arkani-Hamed at the Institute for Advanced Study, writing a thesis on Quantum Field Theory and the Analytic S-Matrix.
After Princeton, I was elected to the Harvard Society of Fellows, where I spent several years working on what would become the book, Grassmannian Geometry of Scattering Amplitudes, published by Cambridge University Press.
I moved to Copenhagen in 2014 to join the faculty at the Niels Bohr International Academy of the University of Copenhagen, where I still maintain an affiliation. While in Copenhagen, my work earned support from the Villum Foundation and the European Research Council, allowing me to recruit and collaborate with a number of outstanding researchers (see below).
I took up my current position at Penn State in 2020, and am looking forward to many exciting years here.
Princeton University (PhD, Physics), 2011
Cambridge University (MaSt, Maths), 2006
University of Michigan (BS, Physics & Mathematics), 2005
Research Funding and Grants:
- Starting Grant, the European Research Council (2018): €1,499,695 (~$1,759,000)
- Young Investigator Grant, the Villum Foundation (2017): 7,390,515 DKK (~$1,035,000)
- Mobilex Grant, the Danish Council for Independent Research (2014): 2,000,187 DKK (~$335,000)
- Milton Grant, Harvard University (2012): $40,000
Honors and Awards:
- Villum Young Investigator Award, 2017
- Marshall Scholarship, 2005
- Graduate Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation, 2005
- Goldwater Scholarship, 2004
- Roger B. Chaffee Astronaut Memorial Scholarship, 2002
Research Group and Affiliates:
- Cristian Vergu, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Paolo Benincasa, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Michèle Levi, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Matthias Wilhelm, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
Postdoctoral Research Scholars:
- Matthew von Hippel, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Andrew McLeod, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Humberto Gomez, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Cameron Langer, Penn State University