Honors Core Courses
In order to graduate with honors for Schreyer Honors College students majoring in mathematics must complete the following:.
- The general requirements for the major as specified in the Undergraduate Bulletin
- The honors thesis (MATH 494H)
- Three MATH courses at the 300- or 400-level from the following list with a grade of B or better in each course, and with a grade point average of at least 3.50 for those courses with the three best grades:
- MATH 311M
- MATH 313H
- MATH 312H
- MATH 403H
- MATH 436H
- MATH 455H
- Honors option core courses at the 300- or 400-level. See the Honors Courses and Options page for a description
- MATH 310H
- Any 500-level math course counts toward this requirement
The Department of Mathematics regularly offers honors sections of 100-level and 200-level courses. These courses are recommended for honors students in mathematics.
For answers to questions regarding this program, please contact Dr. Sergei Tabachnikov, the Honors Director for the Department of Mathematics.