Eberly Science Summer Undergraduate Research Program
2022 ECoS Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Program Dates: June 6 – August 12, 2022
Application Deadline: March 16, 2022
The Eberly College of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Program is a 10-week summer training program designed to give motivated Penn State undergraduates in the college the opportunity to engage in full-time (40 hrs/wk) research and related professional development activities. Our goal is to offer students experiences that will help them determine if they want to pursue a career in research while they develop skills for success at Penn State and beyond.
Students selected to participate in this training program will be paid ~$4,800 gross on hourly wage. Faculty research mentors may receive up to $500 in discretionary funds.
Though all ECoS undergraduates are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to students:
- in their first and second year at University Park or students who have changed campuses,
- with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher,
- without significant research experience, e.g., a full-time summer research experience or 2 semesters of part-time research,
- not in the Schreyer Honors College,
- willing to commit to research with the same mentor after the summer program, and
- proposing to conduct research with Eberly College of Science faculty mentors. Students should contact College of Science faculty early in the spring semester to build relationships and discuss their serving as a mentor if the student is awarded a spot in this program.
Because summer undergraduate research fellows must commit at least 40 hrs/wk to the training program, fellows are not permitted to engage in any activities that may interfere with program activities.
Use the below instructions document to draft your application and then submit using this Qualtrics form.