Eberly Science Summer Undergraduate
Research Experience Program
2024 ECoS Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Program
Program Dates: May 28 – August 2, 2024
Application Deadline: February 19, 2024
2024 ECoS SURE Program Application: Application Link will be coming!
The Eberly College of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Experience is a 10-week summer training program designed to give motivated Penn State undergraduates in the college the opportunity to engage in full-time (40 hrs/wk) research and related professional development activities. Our goal is to offer students experiences that will help them determine if they want to pursue a career in research while they develop skills for success at Penn State and beyond.
Students selected to participate in this training program will be paid ~$4,800 gross on hourly wage. ECoS faculty research mentors may receive up to $500 in discretionary funds.
Though all ECoS undergraduates are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to students:
- In their second and third year at University Park or students who have changed campuses,
- With a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher,
- Without significant research experience, e.g., a full-time summer research experience or 2 semesters of part-time research,
- NOT in the Schreyer Honors College,
- Willing to commit to research with the same mentor after the summer program, and
- An ECoS student majoring in one of ECoS undergraduate majors.
- Proposing to conduct research with Eberly College of Science faculty mentors ($500 support to ECoS faculty only).
- Proposing to conduct STEM research with any faculty member at University Park (students will receive stipend support $4800; no faculty research funds if faculty member is outside ECoS)
- Students should contact faculty early in the spring semester to build relationships and discuss their serving as a mentor if the student is awarded a spot in this program.
Because summer undergraduate research fellows must commit at least 40 hrs/wk to the training program, fellows are not permitted to engage in any activities that may interfere with program activities.
Question about the ECoS SURE Program? Contact Dr. Tiffany A. Mathews at tam276 'at' psu.edu