Some students find a short term program is the best way to go abroad:
1. Science Courses Abroad
- Earn three credits in science while abroad for 1-3 weeks
- Taught when regular classes are not in session, to avoid “losing” a semester.
- Focused on experiential learning, whether through field study or lab research in a cross-cultural context.
- All led by faculty members from the Penn State College of Science
2. Summer or embedded programs
- Length varies from one to twelve weeks
- Students can often earn general education credit or credit towards a minor
- Search for summer (term=summer) or embedded (show=outgoing embedded) opportunities on the Education Abroad website.